This event has been POSTPONED due to the ongoing, worldwide pandemic of COVID-19/coronavirus. We hope to re-schedule in the future so please stay tuned for further information and keep creating ATCs (instructions below).
During the meeting, learn more about South Bay Art Association as well as information on this year’s upcoming artist opportunities! We will also be discussing the new changes to our website, membership, marketing and more. Come down for a tutorial and to ask us any questions you may have!
Immediately following the meeting will be our annual Artists’ Trading Card swap. See below for instructions.
Pictured: A sample of artist trading cards by SBAA members from a previous trading event.
What are Artist Trading Cards?
Artist trading cards (or ATCs) are miniature works of art about the same size as modern trading cards/baseball cards, or 2 1⁄2 by 3 1⁄2 inches (64 mm × 89 mm), small enough to fit inside standard card-collector pockets, sleeves or sheets.
The size (2.5″ x 3.5″) is the
ONLY requirement for an ATC!
Business cards or odd-sized cards will not be accepted. See image above for samples/ideas.
Cards should be created *prior to* the event.
This event is to trade the cards while meeting fellow artists.
Some basic guidelines for the front of the card:
- They should be original, unique pieces that you have created.
- Can be viewed in portrait or landscape format.
- Your card series could have a theme… or not.
- Cut the background material to size.
- Express yourself using your preferred medium or media – painting, drawing, collage, encaustic, embroidered/quilted, paper, digital, photography, zentangle, stamping… the results are endless!
What to include on the back:
- Title of the piece
- Media used
- Date created
- Artist name and signature
- Artist contact info (website, email, etc.)
- Group or swap information (ie. SBAA, March 2020)Bring a LOT of cards to trade!
Remember – you can only get a card, if you have one to trade.