May is SKETCH MONTH so SBAA is honoring that by having TWO Exhibits at our satellite galleries!
During our Saturday Sketch Club, our group sketched butterfly specimens, which were the inspiration for our “Papillion” Exhibition. Each artist, took their time to create pieces to be place on exhibit.
We will be selecting 12 works to spotlight from submitted entries. Patrons of The Cheese Patch will have 10 days to cast their votes for their top three favorite works, winners will be presented with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons and the work that receives the most votes overall will receive a Best in Show ribbon.
Artist reception details to follow.
ONE piece is allowed per artist for consideration.
Deadline : May 1, 2023
- All mediums are accepted. Flat/hanging work only.
- Finished artwork (FRAMED) should measure 8″ x 10″ overall, including black frame, and matte if applicable. Any other frame size over that will not be accepted.
- Artwork can be landscape or portrait.
- All works must be D Ring wired, and ready to hang upon drop off at the Cheese Patch , on Sunday, May 7 at 1 pm.
- Please submit a clear, hi-res image of the artwork.
- Artwork File must be labeled ArtistName_NameofArtwork (see image below on how to rename photo files on smartphone devices)
An SBAA exhibition committee member will contact the artist whose work has been accepted to show after this deadline. Please do not worry if you don’t hear from us prior to then.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631-256-7222.
Not sure about the frame situation? Below is an example for your review! If you have a comparable frame that matches the specifications, they are welcomed to use that, if accepted into the physical show at The Cheese Patch.
All fields with a * are required in order to submit artwork for this exhibit.